On 6/19/07, Kyle wrote:

> SuperQ;209718 Wrote:
> > Homeplug would be a cool additional connectivity option for the
> > squeezebox.  I use wifi to my SB2 in the garage.. but it would be sweet
> > to be able to just plug it in.. That would require moving the PSU into
> > the device.. maybe not a bad idea anyway.
>
> ??? I don't understand what you're saying.  Your SB2 PSU should not be
> affected.  You plug the Homeplug into the wall and connect it to the
> SB2 with a networking cable.

I think SuperQ is referring to building a Homeplug receiver into the
SB PSU, and the PSU into the SB, so that you don't need either an
ethernet cable or a wifi connection (you'd just plug the SB into a
regular power socket).
You'd still need the homeplug at the server end to send the signal,
but you'd save on one homeplug device (and probably pay for it in
extra SB cost, not to mention whatever interference issues would crop
up - something I know nothing about).
Cheers,
Geoff