givendale;210523 Wrote:
> Sorry... should have been clearer about the cable.
>
> This is the coaxial cable running from aerial wall connection to tuner
> card in HTPC.  Nothing fancy just terrestrial digital TV broadcasts.
This is DVB-T broadcasts, right? Standard TV coax, which is often
described as "low-loss" is anything but. For DVB signals you need to be
using double shielded coax, such as CT100 or equivalent. Not only should
the cable from the wall plate to the tuner card be CT100, but even more
importantly so should the downlead from the aerial to the wall plate.

As to why it works when the SB3 is switched off, I suspect that even
though it "works", it's borderline. The slightest interference is going
to kill it: DVB signals are extremely vulnerable to interference. The
SB3's stock power supply is know to spray around a fair amount of RFI,
so that could be why switching on the SB3 stops it working.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A