seanadams;210508 Wrote:
> Duh - right. I was thinking of an ethernet connection in the room.

Nah... when I was here last year they had an active WIRED connection in
one of the rooms I'm using as a 'production studio'.  This year that
plug's been pulled!!  Maybe I'll talk to their IT dept (yeah, right)
and see if they can plug it back in for me.  I did bring an AirPort
with me just in case... I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I've been on the phone with the company that manages this network
(I'm in Central CA and they're in Nashville... how's that work?).
They've been trying to give me a 'private IP' so I can get past the
proxy stuff, but haven't been able to make it work yet.

What I have done is connect via wireless with my G5, logout and diable
it's wireless, change the MAC address of the SB3 to the G5's and
connect the SB3.  This works GREAT because the G5 has already gotten
the MAC address through the proxy crap.  The bummer is my G5 can't
connect unless I take down the SB3.

More to come, I'm sure... I'm here for another 9-days and MUST have my
music.

--
Eric Seaberg

Eric Seaberg - San Diego