MelonMonkey;210215 Wrote:
> Almost every product that features these abilities has them using the
> same buttons. This is a very basic control implementation from a
> usability perspective and something trivial from a timing/programming
> perspective as well. It's not part of any problem.
>
> The FFWD and REW are just awkward implementations. They work as
> designed, but, like the original poster, I just wish they were designed
> to operate in the expected/common/standard method.
>
> I'm certain the server-based nature of the product may include some
> latency, but I'd rather take my chances than be stuck with what exists
> now.

I've never seen it.

Usually devices have 4 buttons for this.

<<,>> and <|,|> (These are Rew, FF, Next, Prev respectively)

The problem is you fumble around with FF and you don't hold it long
enough and boom song gone (you execute a next track).

The whole thing of changing it's function based on how long you hold it
is bad.

As far as remote strength goes, that has nothing to do with it and
strength is excellent from stock remote. I can blast it off walls etc.
Harmony works well too.

The basic edit I did in the map was to get rid of the HOLD thing and
map the 4 functions to 4 buttons (with no holding). And map them to the
standard 4 buttons found on any universal remote. >>,<<,|>,<|

After this it is fairly normal.

You have to pick 2 buttons to give up though. I used volume keys
because I use an external DAC and Volume is locked any ways.

When you're done you get.

One tap on FF and it's fast forwarding instantly. Want it faster, Tap
Tap. No Tap HOLD, Tap HOLD. You can't screw it up. And you can't
accidently Tap to Slow or Fast and get unwanted behavior (i.e. the next
song, grrrr).

Next Track is then just a tap too on a seperate button (you won't
accidently start a FF if you hold it too long).

I think I posted MAP file once, don't have access at the moment to
server.

--
mswlogo

Thinkpad XP SS > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF-COAX > Meridian 861V4 (Trifield,
Room corrected, Upsampled) > DSP5500 Mains, DSP5500HC Center, DSP33
Rears