Pat Farrell;210866 Wrote:

> > I just don't understand why Slimserver has to be any more
> complicated
> > to use than a wireless router.
>
> Because it does lots more.
> Just having a disk drive and dymanic web server is orders of magnitude
>
> more work than any router does.
>
> Transcoding, sync between players, different skins, there is lots of
> stuff there.
>

> --
> Pat
> http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html

Sorry, what I meant was 'more complicated to use' than a router.
Certainly the box needs more processing power, more memory, USB input.
But only a dedicated (to slimserver) user interface, and no easy access
to an OS for amateurs like me to screw up!  I keep bricking my SBs
because I can't keep an OS running! Maybe I've just had a run of bad
luck?

--
nicketynick

Wireless SB3, Denon DRA-F101, Mission M31 loudspeakers
WinXP SP2 Slimserver, SMC WBR14g router
http://www.last.fm/user/nicketynick/