JimC;210929 Wrote:
> That's pretty far from the core of what we are looking to do.  I can see
> there being some demand for it, but like a NAS drive, everyone's idea of
> what's "perfect" is different.
>
> Your perfect slimserver computer is the one that runs slimserver the
> way YOU want it run.
>

> -=> Jim

I agree with what you're saying Jim but so many people are asking the
question and so "anything" which runs slimserver, _properly_, is
perfect for them. Granted, it won't suit ALL squeezebox owners but I'd
bet that many people are put off buying the squeezebox because it needs
an always-on server to feed it and so a one-stop-shop solution would win
them over.

I'm not suggesting Logitech have to build it from scratch themselves
but surely working with a hardware manufacturer to build and tweak such
a device would not be a waste of time?

EDIT: I bought my squeezebox a while back and soon got fed up having to
have my pc switched on all the time. Then came the months/years of
searching for ideal hardware to host slimserver. Had
slimdevices/logitech sold one I'd have bought it without thinking twice
:)

--
Ian_F