> So, you are using MC 12 with the Squeezebox?

> Off and ON. Right now, MC 12 is a single room solution for me. > The
rich, configurable GUI and support for the tags I need for > classical
music are essential to me.

Me too, which is why Im trying to find the best hardware set-up for my
configuration: three rooms, plus the room with the PC/media server.

>I think that the Squeezebox is the best architecture for getting
>Audio from a PC. Very smart, Sean.

For audio only, that seems clear, but has to work seamlessly within my
overall environment.

>I'd like to use Squeezeboxes in rooms two and three. However, SS >just
doesn't have the GUI and tag features I need.

thats what doesnt make sense to me.  my assumption is that the MC2Slim
allows me to use the MC12 GUI, controlled on my pocketpc with
NetRemote, to stream audio through the slimserver to the squeezebox.

the things in that sentence that do work quite well without SS and
Squeezebox are:
- installing MC on both PC and PocketPC, using NetRemote on the
handheld to control MC12.
- installing MC server on the PC and using a laptop to connect to the
server PC.

so, how does MC2Slim and SS/Squeeze fit into this?

attached is a diagram of how i picture this.  the central question is:
how to add a Squeezebox into the mix, while continuing to use the
handheld PC (an Ipaq) as the 'remote control' for all rooms, since
NetRemote facilitates this quite nicely as currently configured without
the squeezebox.

i don't see using the Ipaq's browser to the Slim GUI as an option that
passes the WAF as you have to switch back and forth between interfaces
to the audio store - Slim GUI in Room 3 and Netremote GUI everywhere
else.

I'd also like to be able to play the same music simultaneously in all
three locations, which is easy if diagrammed setup works, but how to
play different music in all three locations is unclear right now.

Mostly, im trying to figure out if the SS/Squeezebox solution will fit
into the arrangement and investment already existing.

|Filename: wirelessmedianet.jpg                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3003|

kewe65