aubuti;211229 Wrote:
> They are slimserver plugins, so they must be installed in slimserver's
> plugins directory. Slimserver takes care of triggering the script.

The Announcement script Patrick suggested is a standalone script that
uses the CLI, so it does not need to run on the same machine as
Slimserver itself. It will need TCP access to the CLI service on the
Slimserver host, and appears to require that any sound files be
accessible by the Slimserver application as simple files (I haven't run
the script, but I expect Felix's note that $szSound should be "path on
the machine where announcement.pl runs" is wrong, and $szSound should
be the path on the machine where Slimserver runs).

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade StatusFirst
VolumeLock