Pat Farrell;211309 Wrote:

> ... move your SlimServer to a different computer so your
> video goes faster and your music plays better. Check the thread for
> "Why I want a stand-alone, slim, Slim Server!"
>
> --
> Pat Farrell         PRC recording studio
> http://www.pfarrell.com/PRC

Or run an OS that can multi-task properly.  ;) I laughed very hard when
MS announced the New Improved version of windows (I think it was 2003
Server) that could "Dynamically change the priority of a running
application".  The "renice" man page says "The renice command appeared
in 4.0BSD."  which was released in 1980.

Standalone servers always help tho, at the cost of electricity usage.

--
SuperQ