Cybermansrevenge;211546 Wrote:
> The price is attractive but is the 770 actually any good as a remote?
> What I'd like is to be able to give the device to a total novice and
> allow them to browse at an acceptible speed, can the 770 do that? Many
> other posts seem to be people who've gone back to using the standard
> remote, the 800 seems a different matter but it's a bit more than £85

You could probably hand the thing to a novice.  That said, even with
the speed improvements Ben's been able to wring out of the 770 skin
using Ajax, it's still pretty sluggish and there's very poor feedback
after you've pressed a button.  Once you're used to it it's ok, but
novices will tend to click something multiple times without realizing
their click has already been registered.  It certainly requires
patience.

The 770 is initially impressive, and a nice way to peruse your catalog
if you're unsure of what you want to listen to, but the IR remote is so
much more efficient when you actually want to get to the business of
cuing up and controlling your music.

--
azinck3