Turned out it was a simple matter that the Vista Slimserver had its
firewall turned on.

I did check under the Windoze security panel it showed the Firewall as
turned off.  SO I ignored it.

Turned out when I click further it showed the Firewall was turned on
with some features turned off.

What I dont get is why it worked the day before before the new router
was replaced.

Also had another Buffalo Linkstaion Ethernet device in the same segment
not working so I figured it was a Ethernet problem.  It turned out that
the Buffalo had its DHCP IP adddress stuck and had to factory reset
it.

Live and learn, Murphy's right again, problems always comes in
multiples.

Thanks to all for helping, Slim is now singing and dancing happily

--
agentsmith

SB2, Pioneer DV-S733A, Benchmark DAC1, Naim Nait 5i, Naim Ariva
Speakers.  Playstation 3 for Blu-Ray, Panasonic 43" Plasma, Harmony
880.  Storage via Buffalo 250GB LANStation, Linksys NSLU2 300GB USB
drive, 720GB RAID One USB drive, Slimserver in Thinkpad R61,. T30 and
T40p.   Network using Panasonic HD Power over Ethernet and Buffalo
WiFi.