Harry G;212564 Wrote:
> I beg to differ. I don't think you will find any reference to any such
> thing as civil crime. Wikipedia has an pretty good explanation.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime
>
> Think of slander. Its actionable but not a crime.

You're correct.  I was sloppy in phrasing the statement.  It's easier
to think of something that lands you in court as a "crime" and I took a
shortcut in what I was saying.  Mea culpa.

> Jim;  your title is interesting. I assume you're specifically with the
> Slim unit? Years ago met one of the original Slim guys who had a
> similar sounding function. I think his name was Patrick. Introduced me
> to the product's existence and tolerated my no more than functional
> French. Is he still there or have the founders gone elsewhere?

Yes, I am with the Streaming Media Systems group (nee Slim Devices).
Patrick left soon after the acquisition, but Sean and Dean are still
here and are active in the development of the product line.  Patrick
and I worked together several years ago at Creative, so when he decided
to leave Slim, he was kind enough to put in a good word for me with Sean
and Dean.

-=> Jim

--
JimC