I'm having a similar problem.  I added a new album the other day and
have done several rescans (full).  The album is there and I can browse
to it, but searching for the artist gives me no match.  When I tried
browsing for artists the other day I could not find the artist in that
list either.

Not sure if this is related, but today when I tried browsing for
artists I got a really weird thing.  I pressed the right-arrow on the
remote to browse artists and the screen scrolls like it should do, but
then it scrolls back again to the browse artists screen.

I'm on 6.5.2 (release version) SlimServer is running on Linux redhat
3.

It seems that the fix is to upgrade to 6.5.3, but I'm a bit unsure
about upgrading to a beta - can anyone vouch for the stability of 6.5.3
before I upgrade?

--
AndyHennah