NWP;214315 Wrote:
> Slimserver is wireless.  Where wouldn't I use one?!
>
> answer: anywhere my wireless doesn't reach - other than that I'd take
> it all around my house.  Not all of us have the money or the space to
> put a squeezebox, amplifier and speakers in every room of our homes.
> I'd like one squeezebox for my main stereo and I'd use a boombox
> everywhere else.  Even in my bedroom...  Why should I need an amp with
> speakers in my bedroom?  I'd rather have a completely self-contained
> solution.

I couldn't agree more with NWP.  Yes, I know Slim is an "audiophile"
grade solution.  But there are many situations in a home environment
where an "All-In-One" solution will get much more use.  More use = more
enjoyment (and perhaps more sales).

I currently have a "roving" SB3 and it's a pain in the keister.  Even
with battery powered speakers, I still have two devices (SB3 & speaker
unit), dangling wires between them, and the SB wall-wart to deal with.
If I didn't like Slim so much I certainly wouldn't bother.

PLEASE give us a portable solution for those situations where we can't
sit down in front of the entertainment system.

web

--
web161