JJZolx;214343 Wrote:
> I can't think why the scanner run from the command line would be any
> faster than launching it from within SlimServer using the web
> interface.

True. Although for some reason it feels quicker!  In my case (about
8000 tracks) a full scan /wipe takes about 15 mins and a rescan about 2
(and yes I did check, it is of course the same from the web interface or
the command line).

However, if you are doing a rescan from the command line then you have
the option of pointing the scanner JUST at the directory you've just
added - it will scan just that directory and add the tracks.  The time
is nothing like proportional, but still well worth having - a quick
test just now for a single added album (12 tracks) took 30 seconds to
add.

--> full wipe and rescan = 15 mins
--> full look for changed music = 2 mins
--> look for changed music in one album = 0.5 mins

All figures strictly for my library/server, of course...

Ceejay

--
ceejay