I'm currently running 6.3.1, and am going to try 6.5.3 since I've heard
several good things about it.  I don't actually have all that many
problems with 6.3.1, though there are a couple of things that I'd like
to see resolved hence going for the newer version.

Last time I upgraded (I tried 6.5.1, I think) I was forced to downgrade
due to almost all tracks cutting-off a few seconds before the end.  I
think maybe the problem might have been affected by the hardware; since
I've recently gone for SB3 (from SB1) I'm hoping I'll fare a bit better
with 6.5.x

But I digress.  I've always found it a fair bit of hassle to upgrade
slimserver what with the various plugins and stuff that I have to
upgrade at the same time.  This time I'm thinking of soething a bit
more drastic...  Uninstall 6.3.1, delete the slimserver folder, then
install 6.5.3.  Problem is this would wipe out all my settings (I
guess).  Is there a file or 3 that I could save then restore after
upgrade to ensure I keep all my settings?  Or is that a
different/better way to upgrade from 6.3.1 to 6.5.3?

Any advice appreciated - many thanks!
Dan.

EDIT: I just noticed that my sig sstill says 6.5.1.  That's incorrect.
I upgraded for a very short time, but reverted back again for reasons
mentioned above.  That probably means that the plugin versions are also
incorrect.  Probably best to ignore the first line of my sig :)

--
gutted

http://www.last.fm/user/gutt3d/

Slimserver 6.5.1 +MusicIP Mixer 1.7.1 +MoodLogic 2.7.1.18 +AlienBBC
1.02a +Slimscrobbler 0.37.5
Windows 2000 Professional sp4
Intel Celeron 1.4GHz
512MB RAM
Squeezebox 3 wireless (Player Firmware Version: 55)
Library of approx 7000 tracks (MP3 and FLAC)