....'MusicPal'
(http://www.freecom.com/ecproduct_detail.asp?ID=3593&CatID=8060&sCatID=1147458&ssCatID=1147458)
is an awesome idea.

I've got two squeezeboxes in the house (both connected to Logitech Z4
speakers. When are the new lords and masters actually going to come up
with an optimised speaker bundle for use at an intro level with the
squeezebox?!) and they work perfectly. I'm running the Slimserver on a
Windows Home Server with more music on than I can listen to in a week
(it's a consolidation of everything me, my wife and daughter own) as
well as having Pandora streaming through it.

But the other day we had friends over and wanted to sit on the deck and
listen to music from the system. So much moving of cables for the
squeezebox and speakers.

I'd love a WiFi Boombox that talks to the Slimserver as a fully
functional client, sounds good enough to use on the deck and can run
off the mains or (rechargable) batteries. Maybe include a USB or card
reader so I can plug in music on an iPod or a Zune if we're camping.

As time goes by there's going to be more and more competition (assuming
that SoundExchange don't kill the music) and more niche players...
Logitech/SlimDevices certainly have the smarts and the capability to
pull something like this off - shame MusicPal got their first.

Depressingly a lot of people I show my Squeezebox set up to end up
buying Sonos because of the all-in-one solution. MusicPal offers
another pretty good reason to love the concept and go elsewhere.

Me.... I'm sticking with the Slimserver for now... but need to find a
better way to get music on the deck ;)

--
OffBeatMammal