It's the Windows installer - it shouldn't make a difference but I'm on
Vista x32 UK English.

When you're authoring a Windows Installer setup there are two fields -
I'm not on my development machine and I can't remember what they're
called. One stores a product description (which you can include a
version number if you want) and one that includes the actual version
number which gets displayed in Windows.

It looks likes the developers forgot to update these before making the
setup. I've done this myself a few times - easy mistake to make!

Of course I may be wrong and there may be something else going on here.

--
elziko