Here is a link that might help you with your RF Interference:

http://svconline.com/mag/avinstall_understanding_controlling_rf/

Long time ago we had an amature radio station right next door and when
we started to get interference from him he came and installed a ferrite
bar to all our TV and Radio powercords by winding the power cord around
the bar and securing it with electrical tape...I do not know if there
is any difference in number of times the elctrical cord is turned
around the bar or not.

As for speaker's I got some pretty good sounding (to me...individual
mileage my vary ;) Polk R30s from Fry's for $60USD a pair couple of
months back...but as mentionned before bookshelves are lacking in the
Bass...so a subwoofer is required (which I have not gotten yet; I may
move my Definitive Technology BP6s to the bedroom after family room
remodel so no more problem :)

--
jukkaTheFinn