Hi All

I have just run into this as well. I bought a new Vista PC last week.
SS runs fine with the trial McAfee security product. Zonealarm was my
preferred firewall/AV setup under XP, which worked well with SS, so I
installed the latest Vista version, and immediately hit the problem. SS
would'nt start. All the relevant ports and permissions were set up OK,
as they used to be on my XP PC.  I removed Zonealarm and all is back to
normal.

Only problem is I now have to learn a new firewall/av product. If
zonealarm wont work, any other suggestions? - at least I know McAfee
works with SS

Nigel

--
NigelC