Thanks again, Pat.

you wrote: ...do you have a local repeater from your WiFi ISP?
Or does everything go out of your house to the ISP and back.
I've never heard of a setup like this, but I would expect problems
from such a thing

Not sure on this.  We're in a rural New England.  We receive our Wifi
signal from towers via a dish.

> PS In the meantime, I think I'm going to look into connecting my SB
> directly to my computer.

Our set-up has been WiFi router talking to SB.  Our system worked fine
for 45 days, then our ISP went down and the problems started.

I just posted on connecting SB directly to Mac.  I found some info in
FAQs on connecting PC with SB, but not Mac.

Thanks much, Phil

--
steelhead