I just found this thread while searching for artist tag issues.  I'm
using:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12376 - Debian - EN - iso-8859-1

and NONE of the artists in my collection are showing up.  All my files
are flac files and do have artists listed (they show up in Amarok and
I've checked the tags manually in a few files so I could be sure I'd
get at least one or two artists).  I've rescanned my collection a few
times, but no artist.

When I was testing with Slimserver on a different computer but reading
the same files over an NFS share, using version 6.3.0 from the
Slimdevices repository on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, the artists did show up.
I tried testing again with 6.5.3 on the Ubuntu computer, but the web
interface never worked.

Any idea how I can get the artists to show?  I am used to (and prefer)
browsing by artists.

Thanks!

--
HalNineThousand