apmadsen wrote:

> Why does it clear the playlist whenever i press play to play a song? It
> takes forever to add all the songs again.

Because that's what "play" means.

If you just want to add a song to the play list, press "+".

> Isn't there a way to get around this, so that it behaves like any other
> player, and simply locates (or adds) the song in the playlist, instead
> of clearing the playlist, adding the song, and making me listen to the
> same song over and over again, until i chose to add the rest of my
> music library???

See above. You might also like to try turning repeat off. (Hint: press
the repeat button to cycle between Off - Song - Playlist)

> I do know that you can press-hold the play button to make it play next,
> but it's simply not good enough.

See above.

> Perhaps there is a new software for the squeezebox, or even a way to
> play songs directly from the music library instead of the playlist?

See above, and perhaps, RTFM - pages 9&10 of the Squeezebox Owner's
Guide are relevant.

R.