This may or may not be of use to you as I've no idea how well/if Windows
emulation works on a Mac, however:

I've done all my tagging using mp3tag and the allmusic script that dan
be downloaded from the mp3tag forum.  What this has in effect allowed
me to do is to tag and save all the metadata that allmusic uses to
describe an album, viz. albumart Review, Rating, Genre, Year, Styles,
Moods & Themes.  Whilst all but year and genre are for all intents and
purposes useless within slimserver, you will at least get the correct
year and consistent genre information.

I still have it in the back of my mind to develop an add-in/ separate
application at some point that builds a relational db from this lot or
augments the slimserver db, exposing this metadata and allowing you to
display it and use it for generating playlists.  My thinking is that if
I do get around to it, it will likely be a standalone application that
interfaces with allmusic.com to retrieve metadata and interacts with
slimserver via CLI, meaning it will become an alternative PC based
front-end.  Ambitious, I know.

--
egd

http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_transporter.html? >>