I have just changed from a Buffalo router to a Netgear RangeMax DG834PN
and my Squeezebox has gone from working lovely-no-problems-at-all to
oh-no-you-changed-the-wireless-network nightmare!!!

I have searched the Wiki and the forums to try to find a solution, but
have not been able to.

Wireless network is working fine (have a laptop which connects and
works no problem) running WPA shared key encryption.

When I go through the Squeezebox setup the SB connects to the wireless
network no problem.

Then when I go through the next stage, trying the auto DHCP setup, it
fails to connect and I get a 169 IP address. I think this means that I
need to use a static IP address (same as I was doing on my last
router).

So I go through the setup putting the following settings in:-

IP address of player: 192.168.0.15
(my router assigns addresses in the range 192.168.0.2 to 254,
following advice read in the wiki am using this IP - is this right?)
Network subnet: 255.255.255.0
(have also tried 255.255.255.255, my router setup says one is the
ADSL port subnet and one is the LAN port subnet. Which should I be
using?)
Default gateway: 65.25.200.202
(this is what my router setup says is the ADSL Port Gateway IP - is
this right?)
DNS Server: 195.92.195.94
(have also tried 195.92.195.94 - these are what my router setup says
are the ADSL Port DNS servers - is this right?)

When I have done this I try to connect to 192.168.0.3, which is what my
router says is the IP address of my desktop PC running SlimServer (which
is all running OK), and the screen goes blank then says "connecting to
wireless network" for a few seconds, the nsays "connecting to
slimserver" and then it goes blank. Pressing right on the remote
triggers this again or pressing left takes me back to the setup menus.

Can anyone help!?!? I am not sure if I am missing something obvious or
what is going on!

Thanks a lot!

--
mwoodroof