Just curious. I took a spare, four year old Shuttle computer laying
around. 1.6GHz processor, 2 gigs ram, with two 160GB disks. Nothing
special, but this is the old Zen line which is very quiet (external
brick power supply).

Anyhow it's got windows on it, I installed SS and my music and it's
running flawlessly. No configuration, no wasted time. It also has a CD
reader and EAC so it's the complete solution, and dedicated to serving,
ripping, and holding my music.

The beautiful twist is that I have it suspend after an hour of no use.
If it's down when I try to listen a WOL packet wakes it right up. If
it's turned off it's the same, and up and running in less than a
minute.

It's low power, quiet, powerful, cheap, upgradable, and easy. Why mess
with any of the boutique NAS solutions?

--
danm