The Kuro Box HG has a 25 watt power supply, so that's all it can ever
use.  If the hard drive spins down it's probably less than 10.

My Thecus N2100 has a 60 watt power supply.  It has two hard drives and
a beefier processor (although with the Debian install performance,
especially floating point, is not as good as I hoped).

I'm seriously considering a Mini-ITX/ VIA processor solution.  Power
consumption is about the same as the Thecus, but with better
performance, and x86 compatibility.  I'm having trouble finding a
Mini-ITX case with 2 3.5" hard drive slots (so I can do RAID 1.)

As a side note, it's also worth considering how much things like
set-top boxes, TiVos, etc. use.

--
mrfantasy

--Mike