The >> and << works OK for FLAC - I think you must have some other
problem in that area.

I don't think mms will be implemented in the current SBs as there isn't
much code space left in the SB  and it is a problem with the broadcaster
which can be solved simply by checking a box on their software. Some
users have had success simply by e-mailing the station about the
issue.

Re using FF/REW in WMA - I have a hack plugin which enables problem
URLs to bypass slimserver processing and be played straight by mplayer.
This way you can keep all the standard WMA functionality and you can
still play problem URLs by using a special prefix.  Recently I posted
this solution for a user who wanted to play the audio part of a video
stream see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=37345
The attachment is for Windows - I have a Linux version if you're
interested.

--
bpa