MelonMonkey;209968 Wrote:
> For some reason I thought their product was already available in big-box
> locations. Normally a dangerous venture due to rubber-band sales (ie.
> many sales come right back to the store).  Sonos might be able to
> escape this without taking huge hits, but only for one very important
> reason.
>
> Polish.  ... This counts for a lot in the consumer space and helps to
> make sure products aren't returned due to things like customer
> frustration in setting them up.

I agree that polish will be increasingly important.  Sonos is ahead but
I'm sure that SlimDevices/Logitech has something in development.  Hurry
up!

---
The Sonos remote uses too much screen real estate on eye candy for my
tastes but it seems light years ahead of the SB's 2 line display and
its 10 key pad remote.

----
I've seen the Sonos units in a stand-alone Magnolia Hi-Fi and a an
independent High-end audio store.  In neither case had the store staff
set the system up to give a useful demo.  They didn't know much about
Sonos either.

I've heard that Sonos is doing well with home entertainment custom
installers.  I suspect that in many of their installations, they rip
the customer's CD collection as part of the deal.  I think that
distribution channel might be more important than traditional Hi-Fi
stores.

Bill

--
Listener