andyg;220794 Wrote:
> Won't that result in some pretty unpleasant train wrecks?

The overlap? I think winamp does it by overlaying the next track as the
first starts to lose energy, and very rapidly fading the first track
once the next is playing. Luckily it's easy to demonstrate - just play
a bunch of random tracks in winamp with crossfade on and you'll see
just how effective it is.

That and replaygain together makes for a great virtual radio station
(with Music IP joining in if I want a "radio station" with a particular
vibe). It's all there on the squeezebox, with the exception of the neat
segways between tracks.

Cheers,

Mark

--