I wish a remote with soft keys, such as my Harmony 890, could send
commands to my Squeezebox to play specific items from my Favorites
menu. For example, one button could play a certain playlist; another
could play a favorite SqueezeNetwork radio station; another could play
my Pandora station.

The user would somehow assign remote commands (PlayFavorite1,
PlayFavorite2, etc.) to specific favorites, either from the Favorites
menu or from the server user interface.

Could this be done as a server plugin? Or would it require a change to
the hardware to understand these new commands?

Needless to say, this feature would be most useful when combined with a
single, integrated Favorites list that includes SlimServer and
SqueezeNetwork items -- which is supposed to happen in 7.0.

--
bruce