DoomWolf;221987 Wrote:
> I ended up having to go through the database tables changing various
> fields and references to separate the albums into two entities. As
> someone who works with databases on a daily basis, I'm able to do that,
> but I consider it a serious failure for a consumer-level product. I wish
> I could remember every step I had to take as I'm sure to need to do it
> again next time I have to do a full scan.
>
> I also still have the problem of being unable to make Slimserver see
> multi-CD albums as being a single album, but I think I'll just have to
> live with that for now.
Have you reported these issues as bugs at http://bugs.slimdevices.com
?
It sounds like you have done some investigation and would be able to
write a bug report that describe both how the tags in the files looks
like and how the result after a rescan looks in the database.

Unless you actually report as a bug or contact Logitech/SlimDevices
support there is not much chance that any developer takes a closer look
at the problem and tries to solve it.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and RandomPlayList plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))