awy;222175 Wrote:
> How does SlimServer handle tracks which have no album? I have tried
> messing around with various settings but I still get silly displays
> when such tracks are involved. What I would expect, when doing
> browse-by-artist in the web interface (for example), is that under
> artist "Some Artist" I would see a list of (a) albums by that artist
> (if I have any) and (b) individual tracks that have no album tag.
> Instead I see the individual tracks either under "No Album" or under
> some-apparently random album title (which has nothing to do with the
> current artist). Is there any sensible way of dealing with tracks that
> do not have an album tag?
They should appear under the artist under an album called "No Album".
Needless to say, if you have a lot of these untagged tracks, that album
will grow quite large.

What you may be seeing are the effects of SlimServer's attempts to
"guess" tags by using the folder and file names.  This can be disabled
by going to Server Settings > Formatting > Guess Tags and clearing the
format strings shown there.

--
JJZolx

Jim