I wasn't sure where to post this as it is not a plugin, it is not a mod,
and it does not fit the tone of DIY; so here it comes.

I hae been working on setting up my house so that the Pronto PRO will
be the only Remote in the house. I am almost there.

There are three main areas I am concerned with:

(1) Theater: Replacement of the IR based iPronto with the TCPIP based
Pronto PRO with no Extenders in the loop.  The theater is controlled by
a PC and the PC talks to the Pronto PRO over TCPIP doing in effect "IR
Emulation"

(2) Music;  A fully mobile control system for the Slim Players which
run with Slim Server, their companion Music server software. The
control system must allow me to do selection (multiple ways) and full
control over what is playing with a reasonable graphic interface.It
must be usable from anywhere in the house including the pool area as
one of the players drives the whole house music system.

(3) Control of the Homeseer System which runs lighting, HVAC, CallerID,
Security, the Pool, and a myriad of other subsystems to provide full
ouse control

I am well along and have had some excellent support and help in the
graphics and testing area from LowPro. I decided to share some pics of
the music control system.  These are digital photos, and photography is
not one of my strong points

The Main screen is the initial screen of the activity where you select
which player you want to deal with.  The select screen allows you to
select what is to go into the "Now Playing List". You can do it by
artist, album, genre, saved playlists and songs.

The Info screen shows you the Now playing list which you can edit, the
"Now Playing" song and the "next up" song along with the modes of the
player (repeat, shuffle, sleep).  It is dynamically updated by the
server as things change (there is actually a song progress bar that is
updated every 2 seconds or so); and if the Pronto goes to sleep
(happens a lot when I listen to my music as I am often reading, or I
doze off) it fully recovers the current state as soon as the pronto
wakes up.

LowPro is a stylus man and I am a button man so there are configuration
options for how you want the system to operate.  In general both the
Stylus and buttons are provided for.

The Icon on the upper left corner is a picture of the Slim Devices
Squeezebox and shows system status, going as far as an animated marquee
display when playing a song.

I am distributing this activity (needs a little more tweaking) but only
on request and with a very simple set of rules.

If you are interested drop me a line. I will answer questions on how I
did things and the prontoScript is not too hard to follow once you get
the hang of the model I use.

|Filename: Select Screen small.jpg                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3159|

barrygordon