Since getting a bit better equipment down the chain I have noticed a
noise which seems to follow the music, mostly the bass when it's only
bass or not too much other high frequencies in the music. It's a
metallic noise, sort of like the veil you can hear on bad mp3s.

I have tried a number of different setups and formats to single out the
problem:

- CDP playing original cd. =No noise
- WAV and FLAC ripped from original cd and played through SB3 =No
noise
- MP3 ripped with Windows Media Player from original cd, played through
SB3 =Noise
- MP3 ripped with EAC/Lame from original cd, played through SB3 =Noise
- Burned a cd from the ripped mp3-file and played it on the CDP =No
noise.

So, it only seem to occur with mp3s on the SB3. FLAC works fine. Music
through CDP works fine. It seems that something's wrong with the
decoding of the mp3files perhaps?

Does anyone have a clue or similar experiences? Thankful for all help.

Regards,
Jacob

--
jeijkie