I just tried a full uninstall, blowing the DIR away and reinstalling
with 6.5.4.  I am still unable to get favorites to begin playing from
within the web interface.  The SB3 I need this to work on is in the
basement feeding a whole house setup, so running to the player isn't
going to work for me.  SoftSqueeze doesn't offer me anything to
directly control the player in question, although I guess I could sync
another player after I got it running.

I installed the latest 7.0 nightly and will go with that unless it
breaks something else that's critical to me.  Favorites are now workign
again and it's great to be able to edit them from within the interface,
rather than editing the .pref file.

--
twylie