So I reverted all of the way back to 6.5.1 and the gap issue is still
there.  It is only with some tracks.  Most will transition perfectly,
but others will generate a slight click or dropout at the transition.

These same files (LAME mp3's) play with no transition issues with
foobar2000 or my iPod.  So I'm pretty certain that the files are OK.

The small gaps are almost imperceptible, but now that I know they are
there, I hear them and find them annoying.

Is this a known issue?  Does anybody else experience this?  I'm
currently running 6.5.4.

Thanks,
Rich

--