jordi.c;223737 Wrote:
> I want my songs to be safe so I think I go for RAID5. Is this a secure
> way of working?
Not in my opinion. RAID5 will save you from down time when one of your
drives dies, but it won't save you from numerous other hazards like
theft, fire, flooding, human error, etc. If you want your songs to be
safe you should keep an off-site backup. Among the possibilities are
external HDDs, commercial online backup sites, or neighbors (over some
type of network).

For example, I run slimserver on a very basic Buffalo LinkStation NAS,
and periodically back it up to an external USB HDD that I usually keep
in the office. I bring the USB drive home every month or two to update
the backup. Any losses in between backups are limited to music I've
added or tags I've edited in that month or two, and for the music at
least I have the original CDs as a backup.

--
aubuti