Well it is hardly boogie time when your SB drops out - and mine used to
frequently.

Even though the wireless router was just down the corridor, I could
only get a signal strength of 35% - clearly not enough. In order to
improve my SB's performance, I tried nearly every recommendation these
forums had to offer, but alas to no real avail. There was only that
last one to go - so before the new carpets went down upstairs - up came
the floorboards and in went the cat wiring.

What a result - after a few weeks, I can report to this forum of
obtaining truly drop out free music.

I still can't, however, just switch the SB on and fire up SS (or
vice-a-versa) and expect them to just talk to one another - even if I
force the SB to connect to the PC - nope - it just goes blank for the
first few attempts. Never mind, after much faffing around they get
there in the end. I guess the SB & SS relationship will forever remain
a mystery to me.

--
derekc