MikeWynneDub wrote:
> I reckon I'll just leave it plugged in then (which I've done for the
> last 11 months!).

The draw of the power supply, and the SqueezeBox is very tiny.
There may be specs somewhere, but I bet its closer to a night light than
anything significant.

> Lately I've been suffering 'green' pangs of guilt re leaving stuff on
> standby etc.

A more realistic thing to worry about is the PC that is your SlimServer,
they typically draw 100 watts or more. There are threads about very low
power VIA systems that are ten times more efficient.

Using a gamer PC for a slimserver should cause green pangs.

> but, then again, I've got this tube amp which gives off
> enough heat to fry an egg...

Valve amps use insane amount of power just for the filament heaters. Let
alone the active amp parts.

But they can sound nice.