As a new user I'm afraid I would have to second jimyyz's rant.

I'm a network admin by profession so I'm no stranger to complexity or
scanty documentation.  I appreciate and applaud SlimDevices' striving
for extensibility, open source development and cross platform
deployment.

That said -- as things stand, this is a music platform for geeks and
only for geeks.  No one else would ever have the patience to wade
through the learning curve that this music platform entails.

I was hoping to be able to give a Squeezebox or two for Xmas to
non-technical users like my folks, but after living with it myself for
a few weeks now, I don't think that would fly at all:\

If I owned Slim or Logitech and wanted to up my sales dramatically, I
would look to Tivo as a model for the interface's "first level," then
hide all the other complexity underneath.

Here's one of my pet peeves as an example:
I should be able to save an internet "radio station" to one, single
favorites file -- no matter how it was accessed.  Like, by pressing the
stupid but effective "Thumbs Up" button on a Tivo.  If it's from a
subscription service or not, it shouldn't matter.  Now, when I save a
(subscription only) Live365 stream as a favorite, SlimServer is unable
to save my subscription token along with the URL of the stream -- so
when I attempt to play the favorite, I only get a Live365 recording
that says, "Subscription required to listen to this station."  The only
way I can save the stream as a favorite is if I save it as a favorite
_within Live365_.  Grrr!

--
johnny66