My experience is that sound card clocks can easily drift by as much as
1ms/s. This means you will hear the offset in less than 30s, especially
if the two clocks are drifting in opposite directions or have worse
drift.

The sync-maintenance code coming in SlimServer 7 should help you out
here, but you will also have to wait for me to make the protocol
changes to squeezeslave for it to work well. I would probably want to
use hand-picked crystals if I was intending to use softsqueeze
regularly for synced listening as I expect that 10ms adjustments every
10s could get pretty annoying - I do not notice the occasional
adjustment but I suspect regular ones at that sort of rate would be
noticeable.

Alan.

--
awy