I mostly use my SB3 with Squeeze Network. Maybe once a week I might use
Slim Server to play something from my computer. But I notice that
slim.exe is always running and using up memory. I dislike having
anything constantly running and taking up memory if I only rarely ever
use it. I have disabled "automatically check for software updates" in
the Slim Server interface, but other than completely uninstalling Slim
Server, or tinkering with the registry, how can I get it to not run on
startup, and only run when I decide to manually start it up?

I have Windows XP with all updates, using Slim Server 6.5.5

--
billingsgate