hi guys!

i had (sometimes still have) this problem too. in my case it turned out
to be a severely resource-starved computer running slimserver.
especially if it had to start swapping virtual memory to- and from
disk, i could sometimes wait for 20-30 sec.(!) for it to respond to the
remote control.

this was proven to me when i went from wireless to wired and the
effects were unchanged.

it was a PIII, 700 MHz, 256 MB RAM, running windows and lots of other
stuff too. after i upgraded RAM to 1GB and responsiveness increased
DRAMATICALLY.

today, my SB3s only respond sluggishly if i give slimserver lots of
work to do, i.e. add large shuffled playlists (>500 tracks) and/or it
is performing its weekly virus-scan.

since the RAM-upgrade i am 1000% happier with my SBs!

--
dcote