Continue using flac. Max works for ripping to flac, though does not yet
do replay gain to my knowledge. For this I use foobar2000 in Windows
running on an Intel Macbook and replay gain the files on the server mac
over the network from within windows. For tagging in Mac use Tag(free)
or MediaRage ($), though you can also do this in Foobar over the
network, which is what I end up doing because Foobar is so great, even
though I'm in general loathe to use Windows. Album art agregator in
windows is also handy.

The word is that flac will be natively supported under Mac OS 10.5, so
also in quicktime and iTunes/iPod presumably.

--
bephillips

More than 35611 songs on 2849 albums by 2050 artists.

Mostly flac, some mp3.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12361
Mac OS X 10.4.10 (8R218) - EN - utf8
Perl Version: 5.8.6 darwin-thread-multi-2level
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-standard

On a 1.2GHz G4 Mac iBook with 768MB RAM

http://db.etree.org/bephillips