1 - Out of curiosity, I saw your post and all it had was a question
about which version of sox I had, then I read it again and saw the link
to a thread.  Did you edit it, or do you have a different way of posting
so you weren't done and I thought you were?

2 - I checked, then, when I tested to see if I could upgrade, I found
that the system I have Slimserver on is on Debian Sarge, which I had
forgotten (with several systems, sometimes I forget which computer is
setup with what!).  It's scheduled for an update, the thread you linked
to was a big help, so for now I'll just not listen to those Ogg files
until I get that system upgraded to the new version.  Considering some
of the things that run that system, I'd rather not upgrade *any*
software on it by hand if it has the slightest chance of breaking any
dependencies.

I had searched for Ogg, but I guess I missed that thread.  Thanks for
pointing me to it!

--
HalNineThousand