i got a readynas 1100+ for my radio station, and it seems slow just
serving up mp2's at 256kbps!  i really didn't anticipate it would be
problematic, but it has been.

i'm not sure if its the network switch or what, but the problems are
annoying.

it had SS builtin btw, but i don't use it or enable it.

before, we just had a tower and a raid card with HDs in the machine,
and it was plenty fast enough for our needs.  aftr reading toms
hardware review of the infrant, i thought the NAS would be too, but
something is either wrong, or its just not a good NAS.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 w/SS 6.5.5 (beta!?) - Win XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram -
D-Link DIR-655