I am having the same problem.  I have never attempted to use iTunes in
slimserver before but as I rely on iTunes heavily now for playlist
management I decided to give it a whirl.

Upgraded Slimserver on my Linux machine to the latest RPM (6.5.4) and
set it up to use iTunes.

iTunes database and all of my music files are synch'd nightly from a
Windows Vista machine running latest iTunes version to the Linux box...
so the iTunes database file and associated music are located on the
Linux box itself.

Checked the radio button for "use iTunes" and pointed Slimserver to my
iTunes database and the music folder that all of the music resides on.

All of the albums/artists/etc are showing up, and the playlists for
iTunes show up, but when they are selected they are showing up as
empty.

I've tried a rescan, etc, any ideas to resolve this are welcome.  I did
notice that one playlist I have with the name '**** & *****' (meaning 4
and 5 star songs) shows up in Slim as '****' but I doubt that's
breaking the whole thing.

Is there any debugging I can do to see what's going on with populating
these playlists?

--
jmpage2