I've just migrated from Windows XP to Ubuntu 7.04 (linux).

I'm running 6.5.5 from a couple of nights ago:
(SlimServer Version: 6.5.5 - 13494 - Debian - EN - iso-8859-1)

When I'm playing random songs, every now and then, a song won't be
played completely through - its as if SlimServer has developed it's own
taste, and is changing songs for me.  Songs are cut short with maybe a
third left to play.  And its the same songs that this happens to (at
least, when a song in the random list did this, I replayed that song,
and the same thing happened again).

Anybody know why?  I'm wondering if the amount chopped off at the end
is the same size as the SB3 buffer, and for some reason it is emptying,
and Slim or SB3 thinks the song is ending so time to play the next
song.

Its very annoying - anyone got ideas on how to fix this?

I'm streaming FLAC files, as FLAC to a wireless SB3.  The wireless SB3
has about 80% signal strength, and using the network test plugin, I can
stream 5000Kps files at 100%.

TIA

Chris.

--