juniper;233771 Wrote:
> I have now listened to Musicovery using the Wavein plugin release 1.02,
> and it works. However despite my earlier expressions of joy on
> discovering Musicovery, I do now have some concerns particularly that
> their free Lo-Fi (32 kbs) option sounds pretty miserable on my SB via
> the soundcard, and I would not yet be prepared to pay a monthly
> subscription to their Hi-Fi (128 kbs). Mainly because although I am
> intrigued by the Musicovery approach (see www.musicovery.com) I am not
> sure that I would want to pay regular money to experience it at an
> acceptable  level of quality, and I think that their range is narrower,
> shallower and often repetitive (same title different artists in same
> selection / multiple titles same artist (and often not that worthy of
> selection) in same selection.

I understand your concerns about the quality of the feed. I use Yahoo
Music Unlimited @192kbps in conjunction with the waveinput plugin ... a
good way to sample music and their catalog is quite extensive (although
not as large as Rhapsody @160kbps) plus it's cheaper to boot.

.

--
haunyack

Transporter -> B&K R200.2 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature. (Listening room)
SB3 (RWA analog) -> Rotel RB1070 -> B&W Matrix 805. (Bedroom)
Fridgidare -> Mirror Pond pale ale -> easy chair w/remote -> irritated
neighbors.